Rugby Cement History

 
John Frearson Research Services

 

 | Home Frearson Family History ResearchResearch TopicsFrearson One-Name Study | Frearson DNA Project |

 | Rugby Cement History | Speight Photographers | Ashton Family of Lubenham and Sandy The Green Room Plaque |

 | Lectures and Presentations | John Frearson Materials | John Frearson Publications |

 | Rugby Morris Archive  | Bedford Morris Archive |

 

 

THE HISTORY OF RUGBY CEMENT

Rugby Cement TM 1876



Rugby Cement Logo 1882





The history of the Rugby Cement Company is currently being researched by John Frearson ahead of a publication of a History of the Company.

The great majority of the existing Company archives have been "rescued" and have been catalogued.  The main information on the history of the Rugby Cement Company and its predecessor companies has been abstracted to a draft report / book ready for future publication.  To date, six large consignments of records have been transferred to the Warwickshire County Record Office for secure storage.

Where possible, all names and associated details are being abstracted so as to be available for search by Family Historians and other researchers.  Five separate data bases of names of Warwickshire names are now available on this site - and all of these lists will shortly be updated.

A recent acquisition is a group portrait by E H Speight which includes Ernest Brooks who was manager of the Rugby Cement works for over 25 years from 1906 to beyond 1933, having taken over the position from his father, Isaac Brooks.

Should you find something that may be of interest please send an Email to the number below for more information.

LIST OF RUGBY CEMENT - RUGBY WORKS & CROWN HOUSE - NAMES

LIST OF - KAYE'S WORKS - SOUTHAM - NAMES

LIST OF - CHARLES NELSON'S WORKS - STOCKTON - NAMES

LIST OF RUGBY CEMENT - SOUTHAM WORKS - NAMES

LIST OF RUGBY CEMENT - RUGBY - MISCELLANEOUS NAMES

A listing of Rugby Cement and other persons who signed up for allotments in Bilton - the majority on Christmas Day, 1880, has already been provided by the Archive and is also available at:

Pickard's Pink Pages for Warwickshire Allotment Holders

A listing of Names on Deeds for the former properties on the present Blackburn Market site, that were found in the Archives is also provided here.  The original documents are now in the Lancashire Records Office at Preston.

LIST OF NAMES ON DEEDS FROM BROWN STREET, BLACKBURN

Some of the records that are likely to be of more general interest and/or are associated with names, are being scanned or photographed, so that they can be available ahead of formal cataloguing by the Record Office. 

It has already proved possible to supply information and digital images to researchers.  It is hoped that recipients of data will be able to make a small donation to defray some of the expenses of the work, which is not funded by the successor owner company.

An illustrated talk on the "History of the Lime and Cement Industry of North Warwickshire" is also available.

Further details can be obtained from:- John Frearson - johnphfrearson@btinternet.com